March 20, 2020
Over the past 2 weeks, we have done everything in our power to keep our facility disinfected and open for our members. But as COVID-19 has spread in St. Louis, we have a moral and ethical obligation to close the physical building until the “all clear” is given.
First and foremost, we want to thank you to our members for your continued membership and support. Without your willingness to stay with us through this crisis, it is likely we would not be here to serve you more than a couple of months from now. During this time, we will be working harder than ever to serve you!
Here are our plans to continue serving you during this quasi-quarantine:
- We are opening up the CrossFit St. Louis Facebook Page for open posting by members! Take pictures, share your workout videos and pics, share your WOD results! Report on your condition or needs! We are a community, here to take care of one another.
- Cory will post daily WOD work for you to do.
- At 6:00 am, 11:45 am and 5:45 pm, he will coach this WOD live using zoom, google hangouts or another tool (To Be Announced this weekend)
- You can however do the workout anytime during the day, sign into any class, and post your results!
- Saturdays: “60 days to your best Murph”
- Todd will be programming to prepare you for your Memorial Day Murph Hero WOD
- Each Saturday there will be different work that helps improve your speed and stamina, required to crush Murph.
- Mike will be programming a Hero WOD. He will take named Hero WODs and modify them so that you are able to do them from home. Do it anytime on Sunday and post your results.
- We will be organizing weekend runs for a 6-week cycle (starting at Tilles Park, moving to Queeny Park for a 4-mile run and ending with a Forest Park 10K) once weather gets a little warmer.
- We will be organizing a couple of trail “rucks” that we can do and keep safe distances as well.
- We will be creating blog posts on fitness, health, and nutrition
- We will be posting healthy recipes to keep you on track while at home and out of the “snack pantry”.
- We will be running weekly challenges beyond WOD class, such as:
- Your Best 1 mile run for the week
- Your fastest 100 Burpees
- Max Double Unders
These are just some of the things you will begin seeing next week.
As we face this time together, don’t be afraid to reach out to our staff or each other for support. This is going to be hard, but we get through difficult times when we get through them together.
Thank you once again for sticking with us through this time. Do the workouts, check in on one another.
“A cord of three strands is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12